Ask an AI Accountant

A free tool by

I only lived in the US during 2022, do I need to include form 8833? Explain it to me like I'm 11.
AI accountant’s answer:
Sure! Form 8833 is a tax form you may need to include with your U.S. tax return if you want to claim certain benefits under a tax treaty between the U.S. and another country. A tax treaty is an agreement between two countries to help prevent double taxation, which means being taxed on the same income by both countries. Since you only lived in the U.S. during 2022, you might not need to include Form 8833 with your tax return. However, if you have income from another country, or if you're claiming tax treaty benefits to lower your U.S. taxes, then you might need to use this form. If you're not sure whether you need to include Form 8833, it's a good idea to talk to a tax professional who can help you understand your specific situation.
Comment from reviewer
Isaiah McCoy, CPA
Not Correct.
Icon check
Looks good

Keeper’s AI Accountant

This AI accountant is powered by GPT-4, but has up-to-date knowledge of tax law. It’s been trained on federal and state tax updates for 2023. With credentialed tax professionals fact-checking its responses, it applies IRS rules to real-world situations.

Estimate tax saving

Track and claim every eligible deduction with Keeper

Keeper is the top-rated all-in-one business expense tracker, tax filing service, and personal accountant.