Ask an AI Accountant

A free tool by

If someone paid me using an app like Zelle but it wasn’t for a job what tax forms would I need to use
AI accountant’s answer:
If the payment you received through Zelle was not for a job or any work-related service you provided, it likely falls under a category like a gift, personal loan, or non-taxable reimbursement. In general, you wouldn't need to report or file any tax forms for non-taxable transactions like gifts or personal loans. However, be sure to keep clear records of these transactions, in case you ever need to provide documentation in the future. If the transaction is indeed taxable, such as income from a side gig or freelance work, then you'd typically report it on Schedule C (Form 1040) or other appropriate forms based on your tax situation.
Not Correct.
Icon check
Looks good

Keeper’s AI Accountant

This AI accountant is powered by GPT-4, but has up-to-date knowledge of tax law. It’s been trained on federal and state tax updates for 2023. With credentialed tax professionals fact-checking its responses, it applies IRS rules to real-world situations.

Estimate tax saving

Track and claim every eligible deduction with Keeper

Keeper is the top-rated all-in-one business expense tracker, tax filing service, and personal accountant.