Ask an AI Accountant

A free tool by

I did gig work just under my name for most of '22 but then I made an LLC with just me in it in September of '22. Should I have done two Schedule Cs for '22 or just one?
AI accountant’s answer:
Since you operated as a sole proprietor for part of the year and then transitioned to an LLC, you should file two separate Schedule Cs for the 2022 tax year. One Schedule C should report your income and expenses from your gig work as a sole proprietor (pre-LLC), and the second Schedule C should report your income and expenses from your business activities after forming the LLC. Make sure to clearly differentiate the income and expenses for the two periods on their respective Schedule Cs.
Comment from reviewer
Ieva Ivanauskas, EA
Not Correct.
Icon check
Looks good

Keeper’s AI Accountant

This AI accountant is powered by GPT-4, but has up-to-date knowledge of tax law. It’s been trained on federal and state tax updates for 2023. With credentialed tax professionals fact-checking its responses, it applies IRS rules to real-world situations.

Estimate tax saving

Track and claim every eligible deduction with Keeper

Keeper is the top-rated all-in-one business expense tracker, tax filing service, and personal accountant.